Thursday, July 10, 2014

#ArduinoAdventures;


My Arduino Adventures began on Monday when I was introduced to Alex.  His project involves the use of a light sensor to locate weeds.  While my project will have  a  more aquatic application, our conversation was fruitful.  He provided me with a starter kit and kind words of encouragement and off I went to write a "hello world" code, meaning making an LED blink, using my new Arduino "sketchbook".   The sketchbook function is incredibly easy to use.  Below is a code that I wrote... with much help from sample codes found  online and a 50 page manual that Alex provided me with. 



Writing code can be challenging, even for an electronics expert :). And more often then not there is an angry error message after you press the upload button.  I know expect this message and welcome the kind words of advice that it provides.  

Thats the programs way of saying "Please include a semicolon.. and Have a great day!"

Once you have all your semicolons in all the right spots, amazing things happen. 

Like being able to have a series of LEDs blink at different rates. 
(I apologize for the creepy/quite narration)





I learned many new things this week and look forward to new discoveries in the weeks to come. 


2 comments:

  1. An angry error message that tells you to have a good day....everything is nicer down under. Keep up the great posts, I'm learning all sorts of stuff and enjoying seeing all the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're learning to code?!? I'm so impressed. This is my second attempt to leave a comment. Perhaps I need a coding lesson...
    Way to go Katelin!

    ReplyDelete