Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week 1



A Haiku about my first week in the “lab” titled:
I’m on a boat

Coral Reef Science
Studying turbidity
Mate! These waves are rough.

Pictures to follow!



Happy fourth of July to everyone back home! One week in the lab has proved to be eventful.  The first email from the lab group was a request for me to accompany them on a mission out to the great barrier reef on a BOAT.  I'm sure they realized my many boating skills and thought that I would be a useful crew member.  The next email requested the name of my next of kin.... oh boy.  Well I did survive the mission and although the reef is significantly closer than I had anticipated, it was a pretty crazy trip.  On the drive out James, a member of my lab, asked if I knew how to swim.  My mother had placed me in swimming lessons as a youth so a quickly replied OF COURSE!  I followed with a plea of "please don't make me prove it."  And so began a beautiful partnership.

1 comment: