Tuesday, July 8, 2014

JCU Geophysics



(Science Selfie)



We are well into week two "down under" and I just wanted to share some highlights from the first week of scientific adventures in tropical Australia.


Above is the mighty science vessel that I myself did navigate during our mission to retrieve the water information collection devices.  These devices are placed underwater to collect data on water turbidity, salinity and temperature among many other things.  Below is a picture of a few of the devices that where pulled aboard, as well as the method used to retrieve the devices.


Drop the line in... hope to hook the device


 Pull the line up... Guess we have to try again :(



And there they are!  I wasn't able to get a picture of all the action while they were being hoisted out of the water and into the boat because I WAS STEERING THE BOAT.  (Mom, don't worry I wore lots of sunscreen!)






1 comment:

  1. Steering the boat Kate!!! That's awesome !!! Glad you remembered sunscreen ☀️

    ReplyDelete